Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Today's message at church (Christ Pres.) was so good. It was about how Jesus went through everything we would go through and how Jesus cares. How looking at the Cross shows us that.

It was totally what I needed to hear. And on the way in to church, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" started playing on the radio, and I almost broke down in tears. It was so applicable to what I had been going through and praying about. I felt moved that the Lord allowed me to hear that, and felt He had given me the song for that moment.

There have been situations in my life at different times [and one in particular, recently] that have been painful, that the Lord has allowed for whatever reason. I know He has a purpose. And, if nothing else, it has brought me to my knees before Him to yearn all the more to grow closer to Him, which is most important ... by faith, I am thankful for the pain, for it has driven me to remember that my sufficiency is in Him and Him Alone. That He and He Alone will never let me down.

Praise God.

[On a different note, I'm fixing to go play soccer with some young people from the ministry. I look forward to that. It's such a nice day for it.]

No comments: