Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

This morning I didn't get up as early ... but still had time to read Genesis 2.

God is so good to us. His kindness is incredible to me, that even knowing we would sin and grieve His heart, He still created a beautiful place for Adam to live in, and provided wonderfully for him in every way. How incredible that must have been -- probably more beauty in the setting than the most scenic place you can imagine on this earth, and supremely beautiful for a little while, because untainted by sin.

Wow.

God's Word is truly so living and active. There's nothing like it. Reading passages like this colors my day with a bright, heavenly hue: With a God like that, why do I ever doubt that He has my best interests at heart, in EVERY circumstance? And that He loves me more than I can imagine, cares about my life even down to the tiniest, most minute detail, and can be trusted in ALL circumstances.

I don't know about you, but I am glad to know a God like that.

No comments: