Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, March 13, 2006

It's hard for me to get up in the mornings. I'm so not a morning person ... and usually I'll wait until the last possible minute (practically!) to get up.

But this morning I found myself rising up early to read in Genesis 1, where I have started reading just recently so I can have more consistency in my quiet times and also read through the entire Bible.

Part of the text talked about God creating the birds. Wanting very much to find application in what I read, even at 7:15 in the morning as I sat up in my bed, I found myself thinking for a moment of how kind God is to us, that even knowing that mankind would sin against Him, He created beautiful birds for us to enjoy.

Then I hustled about to get ready in my probably still half-asleep state, not thinking much more about it for the moment.

Well, during prayer meeting this morning just moments later, the guy sharing requests stopped himself suddenly stopped himself to point out this huge, beautiful hawk outside. It was so cute; it looked like it was peeking in at us through the window. :o)

Wow.

God is so good. Even in those spiritual "dry" times like it feels like now, He can be trusted. And He is at work. Yesterday's sermon at church was encouraging about trusting God to bring to maturity the seeds He plants in our lives and those of other people. The pastor reminded us of Philippians 1:6, challenging us to TRUST God that, truly, He who has began a good work in us WILL bring it to completion.

No comments: