Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's me again.

Today went by fast ... again! It's still beautiful outside. And I had fun again at lunch, with several buddies from the office.

We went outside our staff kitchen to eat our bistro chicken, french bread, red potatoes and homemade carrot cake with delicious cream cheese icing. Suddenly I exuberantly burst out with, "I LOVE carrot cake with homemade cream cheese icing; there's nothing like it!"

A few minutes later, we saw that Jay, one of our fellow staffers, had finished lunch with his wife and was now attempting to fly a huge bright pink kite outside. Well ... we couldn't decide later whether he was flying the kite or the kite was flying him, as it was beginning to look like the kite was going to get caught in the light pole. :oD

But at any rate, I again burst out exuberantly about the beauty of the kite on this nice day. To which one of my lunch companions replied with a big grin, "There's nothing like carrot cake with homemade cream cheese icing and Jay flying a kite ..."

To which we all burst in laughter. :o) It was one of those "had to be there" moments I guess. It was hilarious. Definitely welcome comic relief, especially when I've been so busy this week.

No comments: