Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sunday night on the way home from my college church, my mom dropped me off to meet up with some longtime good friends, Heather and Jess, for sodas at McAlister's. We had a blast talking and laughing together, like old times. It was really nice.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to catch up with supporters and family in my hometown. My mom, cousin and I went walking through some new neighborhoods they're building closeby. And I enjoyed chatting with my dad, aunt and uncle over Barq's root beer and Breyer's vanilla ice cream.

My flight back to Texas went well. I was pretty tired when I finally got back to my apartment. I actually dozed off for a while and then had to get up to get ready for bed! But I wouldn't trade this weekend for anything ... I had a wonderful time and would do it all again. It's always so nice to catch up with people, especially from that church! :O)

Now I'm fixing to head to a friend's apartment from work, to celebrate another gal's birthday. That will be nice. Then we have prayer meeting, so I probably won't be back at my apartment until well after 9. I think I will sleep very well tonight.

No comments: