Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

It was a rainy day.

So when I awoke this morning, I thought about going to my "current" (not new) church, as it is quite a bit closer than the church I've started visiting.

I ended up there, and it was incredible; it's like there was a purpose for me being back there, even though I missed getting to visit the other church, the other I sense the Lord may be leading me toward.

For one, my old friend Tracy from our Sunday school class was there, and we had the opportunity to catch up as I gave her a ride to our group lunch. IF I hadn't been back at that church today, I probably wouldn't have gotten to see her.

AND ... the message was incredible. We had a guest speaker who basically went through highlights of the life of Joseph, and the many trials he faced. He shared how everything is for a reason and how God is in utter and complete control over, for example, broken hopes, hard times, prolonged waiting, and, especially, in control over EVERYTHING that happens in our lives, good and bad. It was so encouraging.

So, there were two great reasons for me being at that church today. I love it when that happens. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: