Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

I'm back.

It was a whirlwind weekend, and incredibly busy, and I don't think words could describe it. But at least I'll try.

Friday late morning I arrived at the Gaylord Texan. This was my third visit to the hotel because my parents and sister had been at conventions there, but my first time to actually stay there. Just a side note, it's a beautiful place. I can't fully describe the feeling I got as I first walked into the atrium area the other day, but it just feels like such an enchanting place somehow.

Anyhow, the weekend was awesome because I got to spend time with my family, sit it on some great sessions, and meet and chat with all kinds of people as I worked at the bookstore. It was so much fun!

It was truly wonderful to see so many different people, from different backgrounds and denominations within the body of Christ, all united by one thing: our love for Jesus and desire to know Him more deeply and make Him known. Last night we had all-night prayer, like we do at the office every month. This one "only" went until about 2 a.m. though. :-) Amazingly, in spite of it being a very busy day, I wasn't even tired really. I felt energized the whole night. And ... it's hard to describe in words probably, but I felt invigorated as I mingled with people and prayed ... I felt in those moments that I was enjoying life to its fullest.

I didn't want the weekend to end. But it had to! Yet I find myself feeling encouraged and renewed, and reminded that when it really comes down to it, Jesus is all that matters. His fragrance, His aroma in my life are what truly count. Knowing Him more intimately. Breathing in the fragrance of His love. There is nothing like being in His presence.

I think this weekend was a little foretaste of what heaven will be like.

No comments: