Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's amazing the little things God blesses us with. Throughout this time He has been giving me such wonderful, indescribable peace. That's a big thing, and it truly defies all human logic in a time like this. I really thank Him for this awesome, inexplainable peace.

But last night, something else special happened. You could call it a little thing. But I really believe God chose to bless me with it, to remind me that He cared.

Yesterday, by the time I answered phone calls and updated people who were praying, I didn't leave the office until about 9. Heading out, I was somewhat tired and a little hungry (hadn't really thought about it) and thought, well, I suppose I could get something to eat.

I had the rest of a gift card I'd purchased during a bonus thing at Chili's. So I headed there, to order their carribean chicken salad to go. As I walked in, I thought how nice it would be if they offered me a COKE while I waited. Not like they had to, I just remembered they had before at a different Chili's, and I thought of how it would be like a special touch from the Lord last night.

Well, the lady who took my order didn't. I thought with a sigh, oh well, I guess I should have gone to the other Chili's that did before. ;o)Well, a few minutes later, this manager guy walks by with a smile and then asks me from the counter if I'd like a beverage while I wait. I could hardly believe it. So I got my complimentary COKE. It's not even the free Coke that really matters ... it's the principle behind it, that I truly felt it was the Lord's special provision for me at that moment. A tangible reminder that He is with me and He cares.

I so much wanted to tell the guy how what he just did was an answer to prayer. :o)

[Update: It's looking very possible I will be driving out tomorrow to be there for the funeral. Please pray I will remember that the Lord will be with me every bit as much then as He is right now at this moment. Thanks, all, for your prayers. They are part of His appointed means to help sustain me during this time. God is so faithful and so good. Always.]

No comments: