Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This morning I was working a little on my newsletter. I want to write about Simon John, our North India leader on the field. I was listening to the story of God's call on his life, on audio file. I highly encourage you all to check it out-it's incredibly powerful, challenging and encouraging all at the same time.

We got to spend much time with Simon John on a staff vision tour I took in 2004. I was really impacted by his life ... his kindness, his humility, his incredibly deep love for Jesus and his brothers and sisters in Christ, his sacrifice. Thinking about his life truly encourages and challenges me in my walk with Christ. I love Jesus so much, and how wonderful it is to know that He always has my best in mind and I can always trust Him. How precious are those moments spent in His presence.

Things continue to go well for me. I just got back from lunch with some friends from work, and we had such a nice time together. Today I mostly completed a project, in just an hour's time, which I was really excited about. :-) Praise the Lord.

Back in my hometown, my parents are attending the annual Coast Bible Conference this week. Wish I could be there! Our family has attended that conference for 20+ years, and I have fond memories of the years spent there, when I still lived at home. But I am so happy to be here, for the wonderful things God has blessed me with here, and for God's call and how He is working in and through my life here. To think, in November I will have been here 4 years. Wow. It's hard to believe.

And it's all because of Him.

2 comments:

PacaScrat said...

Lunch next week sounds great :)

Rachel said...

Great! :) I'll try to email ya sometime tomorrow. I look forward to it!