Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

This afternoon was kind of emotionally hard for me. I cried a little. It was mainly hard because I had wanted to physically "be there" for my mom at the funeral, but with travel logistics of me coming such a distance, my dad voiced a strong preference that I not travel down. And I knew that by respecting his leadership in that, I was honoring my mom as well, and doing what was best ultimately. (even if it was hard) And a talk with my mom just now confirmed that.

We had such a good talk, and I was able to encourage her. And it's obvious that the Lord has really been encouraging her as well, even in the midst of this difficult time, and that she has been feeling much hope in her heart. I am so grateful for that. It is truly an answer to my prayers, and a relief to me. I'm so glad. Please, please do pray for my family tomorrow morning. Visitation is at 11:30 and the funeral is at 12:30.

And I thank the Lord for truly how wonderfully He has sustained each of us thus far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be in prayer for you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it is for you not to be there for your family and grieve with them.

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, as a loving father to his children.

We definitely need to get together soon for lunch.

Sarah