Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Well, I did it. I really did it. Tonight I walked into the mall food court dressed in a cow costume. I made it myself, out of paper and garbage bags. As I walked into the food court entrance, I muttered, "It takes a really secure person to do this." :o) A very fun part of my adventure was all the children who enjoyed my costume.

In case you're wondering (hee hee) I wasn't dressed in a cow costume this evening for no reason. Today was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fila, meaning I got a free combo for wearing my creative garb. I even wore a homemade sign around my neck with the Chick-fila slogan, "Eat Mor ChikIn." [They seriously should pay me for all the great publicity I've given them. :oP]

My friends Cotrina and Sara came out to cheer me on - and take pictures. It's hilarious, because I was so going to do this last year, and our Sunday school group was even coming out to cheer me on, but I got really sick and couldn't follow through. So Cotrina took pictures and informed me she is going to send them to some of the guys in our group who were giving me a hard time about "chickening out" last year, so they know I actually followed through with it. :-) [Since God has led me to a different church now, I don't get to see them that often anymore!]

On my way home, I checked my voicemail and had a message from my friend Michele, so I joined her for ice cream at Braum's. Well, she had ice cream. I had ice water. :-) I was totally stuffed from my super-size nugget combo and a piece of brownie, but I was definitely up for going along for the ride and fellowship! We had a great time, and now I'm here at her apartment using her computer. [Yeah ... friends are pretty much awesome.]

Today our staff at the ministry took the morning to hold a praise and prayer time. And, wow, the Lord did so much in my heart and life through that time. Hard to describe in words, but all I can say is I went to my apartment for a little bit right afterwards and had an incredible time of prayer and renewal in my walk with Him. I felt incredibly impressed with (and convicted by!) my utter nothingness and His magnificence. I am sensing there are areas He wants to change in me - things He desires to see me grow in, and that He has given me the deep desire to grow in. And I want to be faithful and let Him do His work in and through me.

Okay, now I'm kind of tired so I'm going to sign off and maybe watch some of a whale show with my friend before heading off to my apartment to relax and rest from a busy (but good!) week.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You are literally the only person I know who will do almost anything to get something free! You and your coupons! I can't believe you went to the mall dressed like a cow, and it's not even halloween! Well, I love you for it! Anyway, I have been so sick since WEdnesday...I am still not feeling up to par, but I will be heading back to work tonight. Hope you have a wonderful week. I'm looking forward to next weekend...I'm going to Myrtle BEach! Hope to hear from you soon!