Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I want to ask you all to please, please pray for my grandmother. Her biggest need has been for salvation; we have been praying for her for so many years. Last night as I left a Sunday night prayer service at my church, I had a message from my mom asking me to please have people pray for my grandmother. She wasn't doing well, she said, and had been taken to the hospital.

I called her and she told me that she and my dad were headed up there right then, adding, "It doesn't sound good." I was on my way to hang out with some friends from church at their apartment. When we all arrived, I asked them to pray and then apologized and said I really should go and pray for my grandmother.

The Lord was laying it on my heart to earnestly pray for her. As I prayed for her, the Lord gave me incredible peace that has continued throughout the day today, and I truly thank Him for that. I have been at rest in His sovereign care.

The most current news we have at this point is that as of last night, she was on a ventilator and the doctors said my parents had better get up there fast to make some decisions. [May not sound good humanly speaking, but God is bigger, and there's nothing He can't do!] Neither my sister nor I have heard from my parents since they left at 9:00 last night to go to the hospital where my grandmother lives, a three-hour drive.

It seems like if she were already gone, we would have heard from them by now. It truly gives reason to hope that she is still alive and that maybe God has put it on their hearts to stay by her side, praying for one more opportunity to share the Gospel with her, now that she could realize how close she could be to eternity.

Please pray.

No comments: