Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's been a good day.

Around 11:00 I got a jabber (our "instant message" system here at the office) from my good friend Kara, asking if I could meet her in our Believers Cafe downstairs for a few minutes. Of course I did, and we had a great chat, encouraging one another and rejoicing over awesome answers to prayer in her family's lives. Then we went out with a few others to the Italian Villa for a spontaneous farewell lunch.

Tomorrow is Kara's last official day here at the office, as she and her husband have sensed God's leading for a special ministry in their home. When I arrived here on staff almost four years ago, she was the first person I met on the day I drove in. I will always remember that. We really connected. And she loves the people here and definitely plans to stay in touch with us!

You are loved, Kara. :-)

Okay, I should get going because tonight I'm attending a bridal shower in Flower Mound for a good friend. Saturday is her wedding in Fort Worth. I have never driven out there, so I think it could be a fun little adventure for me! I have already printed out directions and plan to study them fastidiously, as I have proven my capability to get lost just about anywhere. :-)

Life is good.

No comments: