Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back at the office today. Good to be back. It's going to be a short work week, I do believe. Today was my first day back in the office, as we had both yesterday (for the 4th!) and Monday off.

On Monday my good friend Michele and I met up and went to the mall and to see a movie. We had a nice time of fellowship together. I also had the opportunity to spontaneously help several people out with different things [praise God!] and becuase we didn't get as early of a start on our day as at first planned, Michele found out her car battery was covered under warranty and we were able to drop it off at the dealership to get it fixed! God was definitely orchestrating the day's events. I love it when that happens! Okay, so He is always at work, but that day it was just really obvious I guess. :-)

Yesterday was pretty cool, too. I know it was the 4th of July and all, but I honestly felt quite content to just rest and get stuff done around the apartment. So that's what I did. It was a quiet day, but a nice one. I did chat with my mom for a while. I also spontaneously decided to drop by a 4th celebration last night for just a couple hours, at a church I used to attend. I think that was orchestrated by the Lord, too ... I got to chat with a really nice lady who was kind of there by herself since the guy who had brought her was serving. I also got to share some GFA materials with her and she was so excited and said she wants to come out to our prayer meetings, too.

And ... I even saw some great fireworks outside the Wal-mart parking lot on the way home. :-) It was a nice day.

No comments: