Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Last night hanging out with my friends was really nice. One of us had to leave early, but my other friend and I were able to hang out longer. And talk. And talk. And talk some more. And pray for one another. It was a great. Somewhere around 10:00 I looked at my friend, grinned and said, "We never got to watch our movie." She laughed and was like, "No, but I think I needed this more." I agreed.

The wedding in Fort Worth was simple but nice. And I only got, uh, mildly lost. :-) I also ended up going through the airport by accident, thus having to pay a $2 pass-thru free. Oh well - not the end of the world. Worse things could have happened, I'm sure. :-)

I am feeling so encouraged and hopeful in my life. Things are going well. Okay, I am fixing to head out now so I can walk a bit at the nature preserve before it starts getting dark!

Last weekend at this time I was at the conference, and with my family! I loved that so much. But I'm also excited I get to be back at my church tomorrow, for the first time in two weeks. I love this church and truly thank the Lord for bringing me there.

Okay, I'm really heading out now. Things in my life are going so well, yet at the same time there are things I'm needing to keep trusting God for.

And that's a good thing.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Sorry I missed you call...sorry to hear you got lost, but glad you made it to the wedding and enjoyed it!

That guy called me today and we talked for at least an hour and a half...guess we have a lot to talk about! It was so fun!

Call me next weekend!

Love ya

Caleb said...

hey, what is a "$2 pass-thru free"

Rachel said...

Oops ... hee hee ... I meant "pass-thru FEE." ;) Yeah ... they charge you $2 for just "passing through" (0-8 minutes) but only a dollar for parking if you're coming to the airport anyhow (from 8 minutes to maybe an hour?).

banderclip said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing well!