Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's really here! Our GFA missions conference is coming up. It starts tomorrow. I pray the Lord goes before me and prepares me in every way. I want to be others-focused and be a blessing to those I meet.

I was so tired from my shoulders hurting these past couple days, I crashed last night at 7:00 and didn't get up until 7:30 this morning. Now, granted I didn't actually end up really falling asleep until around 9:00, I don't think, but still I think all the extra rest helped me so much. Today my shoulders aren't hurting. I'm so grateful for that.

Tonight I need to get stuff ready to go out there tomorrow. I'm working the bookstore, and my first shift is at 12:15. :-) So far we have more than 800 people coming out for the conference. Yay! It will be a good weekend, I think.

Oh, and last night, before drifting off to sleep, I even read a little bit in The Magician's Nephew, the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. :o)

No comments: