Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Story of the day.

Okay, I've got this great story. I may need to cut it short because I am wanting to head out and get some R&R before all-night prayer, but it's a classic!

Last night I reached my apartment to find a snake coiled around the porch railing outside by my front door. I was pretty startled, especially since a snake would have to climb the walls or stairwell to get up to the level of my 2nd story apartment! I promptly screamed [surprised my neighbors didn't hear me!] and then froze for a few seconds.

I then regained composure and knocked on the door of a young married couple on staff, who live across from me. Christie's husband would have loved to have helped us, she was sure, but he wasn't home! So, long story made short, we ended up calling another co-worker, Bobby, who lives in our complex.

This is where it gets good. Bobby immediately comes over, holding this broom. By now, the snake had slithered over to my kitchen window, precariously close to my front door and looking pretty content. Well, Bobby reaches his broom over and flings the snake so he falls down to the first floor breezeway.

We all run down the stairs, my friend Christie and I curious about what kind of snake it is and wondering if Bobby can give us some insight. [It almost looked like it could be poisonous, but really hard to say for sure.] But before we can say a word, Bobby proceeds to use the other end of his broom to whack the snake, flings him over to a bush and tells me he won't bother me anymore!

Christie and I look at each other still in shock from the whole experience, but about to laugh, and she says, "I feel like we're on National Geographic!" I kid you not, he had the khaki shorts, the hat, bright yellow t-shirt, and everything -- It felt like we were on the Discovery Channel. Or one of those reality shows like Survivor. :o) It was pretty funny. [We were very thankful for Bobby and his timely rescue; Christie says we should make him cookies as payment!]

Of course, needless to say, I will be watching my balcony railing pretty closely when I go home in just a few minutes. : ) My co-worker Bobby came by my desk this afternoon and told me he had thought about putting a black rubber snake near my cubicle but then figured I may not appreciate that too much. :-) We are still in shock that the snake slithered all the way up there. It was quite the adventure.

Okay, so, now I'm off to more mundane things like buying hamburger buns for tonight and walking at the nature preserve. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAH! Snakes. Freaky stuff!

So email me! I've lost your email address...

drkblglass@yahoo.com

And I'm having a girls night at my place Friday night if you'd like to come! I'll add you to the evite if you email me...!

PacaScrat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PacaScrat said...

Nice snake story :) We had a snake at our house several years ago - it was in the backyard. We promptly grabbed our dog and brought her inside. . . and my siblings proceeded to watch the snake eat a frog. Quite educational, but I decided to opt out of the visual hehe