Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Fajita butter?

Okay, get this! Yesterday I'm sitting in church, reading the announcements in the bulletin. My eyes travel to the one about the women's evangelistic outreach pertaining to the Da Vinci Code movie. [Which, by the way, I think is awesome, even though I can't make it because of our Tuesday night prayer meeting at GFA.]

Suddenly I read, in the middle of the paragraph, "Free fajita butter will be provided."

Wait a minute, I think. I know I won't get to make it to this anyhow, but what on earth is fajita butter, and what's up with this? :-) Oh, wait. [Takes another look] Fajita buffet. Okay. That makes more sense.

Since tomorrow I've got to report for jury duty selection in Denton and don't know how much I'll get to work on my projects that are due Wednesday [although I'm bringing them with me for times when I'm waiting], I'm hoping to go to Barnes and Noble or Borders again this evening and work on stuff!

Oh yeah ... just in case my eyes decide to play tricks on me again, I know Barnes and Noble closes at 11 on weeknights. :o)

2 comments:

Caleb said...

haha, that is funny!! I actually don't have anything that needs to be proofed, but if I ever do you are the first person I will go to. I hope the jury selection goes well, who knows maybe you will see JT.

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to be at that same jury date but I got it dismissed bc I am taking full time classes this summer. BTW, nice blog....Wes