Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It is the Land of Narnia and Aslan, the great lion and King of Narnia, has been killed in Edmund's stead. Some time has passed. Suddenly, right before Susan's and Luci's eyes, the Stone Table breaks and Aslan arises.

I love what Aslan says next, for it speaks so powerfully of the victory we have because of Christ.

If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic a little differently. For she would know that if a willing victim who had committed no treachery died in a traitors stead, the Stone Table would crack and death itself would begin to unwind.
-Aslan

This would describe how I feel at this time in a lot of ways. I feel hopeful, and encouraged about what the Lord has been doing in my life. I know I can trust Him in all things. And I am looking forward to GFA's missions conference this weekend. My shoulders have been hurting really badly so I need to get plenty of rest before then, but I know He will sustain me.

My deep desire is that I would have a servant's heart throughout the conference and that I would always represent Christ and His kingdom well. That's what's most important.

Praise God.

[P.S. After watching Narnia, I was inspired to go to the library Monday night and check out the first two books in the series. I look forward to reading them ... when life quiets down a bit. :-)]

No comments: