Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I think my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Check this out.

The other night, I went to Barnes and Noble to work on projects. As I walked to the door, I thought it said they close at 10. Wow, I thought, they must have changed the hours. I thought they were always open until 11 on weekdays.

I was totally bummed becuase I'd so looked forward to hanging out there and making some progress on my projects. Thankfully, I looked again. And a closer examination revealed the number 11:00, not 10:00.

Then the other day, getting back into my car after I checked my mail, I thought I saw a large doberman pincher. A closer look revealed it was a brown (or was it black?!) garbage bag.

Hmmm. Maybe it's time to think about getting my eyes examined. :-)

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Well, I was going to ask you to proof read something for me, but I guess I will get somebody else to do it now ;) I hope you are doing well.