Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Something I have pondered a bit a different times and thought I'd throw out there to the "blogger world" of my good friends who frequent this blog, in the event that 1) You also struggle with these things and can relate and 2) The Lord has shown you things that have helped you in these areas ... :-)

How do you truly, fully, and joyfully trust the Lord for those things that are nearest to your heart, in all circumstances?

It seems that the Lord's really brought me a long way in this area, through various circumstances and has helped me in many ways to trust Him by faith, even when I don't always understand what He is doing! But it's definitely an area I still could stand to grow in ... and sometimes am just not sure how? I think sometimes I expect the growth in my Christian life to be practically overnight ... but I have to remember that He has a lifetime to work on me and that His timetable is not mine.
:-) [He's definitely been teaching me that on many levels throughout my life.] I take comfort in Philippians 1:6, that He will complete that good work He has started in me.

Also very encouraging in this whole area of trusting God for my heart's desires was yesterday's message at church. Pastor John shared how, in the feeding of the five thousand, Jesus first and foremost was meeting their deepest need, which was for God's Word. This was more important than their secondary, lesser need [for food], which nevertheless he still met.

He also mentioned how whatever is going on in our lives at this moment, God has us in a place where He can sow His Word into us. That was encouraging. Trials and difficulties are all for a reason! And also I think of Romans 8:32, which tells us that if God did not spare His own Son, how will not also with Him freely give us all things? He knows what we need, far more than we could ever. His view is unlimited, and He knows what He's doing!

I feel like I should also post something about a snake or something ... well, I did see a snake at Arbor Hills when I was walking there yesterday. Yikes -- two snakes in one week. That's enough for me! :-)

No comments: