Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ever feel all huffy and out of breath because you just climbed a big mountain? Not literally, but figuratively speaking. Well, I've kind of felt that way the past couple days. This afternoon things were better, though ... and I went and ate at Quiznos with my good friend Shelley after work - good times!

The good thing through this all is that I have been driven to seek the Lord more passionately. My deepest desire, of course, is to know Him more and be transformed a little more into His image every day ... but how often do I "really and truly" live this out, moment by moment? When I really stop and think about it, He is so very patient with me.

It's not fun going through difficult times, but I thank God that He loves me enough not to let me stay where I am in my laziness and stubborness as sinful human flesh! That He deliberately orchestrates my life's circumstances in such a way that I am driven to my knees before Him. Truly He is water to my soul, comfort to my heart. He is everything. I want to forget that less often.

No comments: