Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, June 09, 2006

It's the weekend! And I'm glad.

In some ways it hasn't been the easiest week ... as you could probably gather from some of my earlier posting. ;-) But all things considered, I'm doing pretty well at the moment [and looking forward to starting my weekend!].

God is faithful. This is something I've been reminding myself of quite a bit throughout this week. And you know, even if our lives on this earth were always hard, and "ALL" He had ever done for us was His death and resurrection to atone for our sins, He would still be infinitely merciful toward us. Something I heard at an RUF Conference years ago really grabbed me -

God is just as good to us on our worst day as He was on that monumental day when He died on the Cross for us.

So very true. And I feel encouraged just thinking about that. It all comes back to what I was sharing earlier this week from Romans 8:32, how if God provided for our GREATEST need [salvation], how will He not also provide for everything else we need? He is so good.

Well with that note, I'm off to start my weekend. Heading out to the Denton area for a girls' night with some friends from church. Pasta and garlic bread -- yum! Not to mention a fun night of female bonding.

No comments: