Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

8:20 A.M. I report to the Denton Courthouse, watch a video with some pretty funny parts, and then hear that I am one of 184 chosen to report back later (2:00 for my group) to be considered for an actual case. [128 people were free to go after the movie and presentation.]

I was pretty excited to be picked. I've never done anything this before and thought it would be fun to see what it's all about. :-)

And as a Barnes and Noble was conveniently located down the road, I went over there and was able to make much headway on my projects! (Praise the Lord.)

The morning was GREAT.

The afternoon? Sort of a different story. ;-) I didn't find out until after I reported to the court (at the Sheriff's office) that it was a "driving while intoxicated" case.

I unexpectedly got kind of emotional. [With my brother being killed by a drunk driver, it's an issue that kind of hit close to home for me.] Not that I said anything inappropriate or anything like that, just more that I cried a little. It was kind of an emotionally draining afternoon.

They sounded like they really wanted to pick me for the jury (I was kind of surprised) but in the end I realized I couldn't 100% assure them I could be unbiased in my opinions on the case, and so I told them. [I wanted to be as honest as possible!]

But ... seeing as the case probably would have lasted most of the day tomorrow and I still have more to do on my projects for tomorrow, I think it was a blessing in disguise. And God is good. Always.

Okay, now I'm off to prayer meeting. :-)

No comments: