Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I have realized that a lot of my posts this week have sounded like I'm going through kind of hard things. I won't deny that it was sort of a rough week. None of these things are major in the big scheme of things, just challenging at the moment. I know that as a Christian, we are not promised easy lives. In fact, we really are promised just the opposite! That there will be trials, struggles, hardship in our lives. But all these things are accomplishing a greater good, which is so encouraging to me.

And when I just stop and think about it for a moment, I really have much cause for rejoicing, and much to be grateful for. A place to serve the Lord and be used each day to further His kingdom. A wonderful, loving family. Plenty to eat, and plenty of clothes to wear. :-) A beautiful apartment and furniture that the Lord provided for me. A new church that I love, where the pastor's messages are always so encouraging and challenging in my walk the Lord. The beautiful Texas sunshine and sunsets. Laughter. Good times. Deep times of fellowship with other believers, praying for one another and sharing what God is doing in our lives. The beautiful birds outside.

And I could go on and on ...

I feel so much better now! :o) The song "Count Your Blessings" is way true.

God is awesome.

It is beautiful outside (even if very hot!) and I think I shall work just a little more on stuff around the apartment and then head out to Kohl's to make a return and look around. I'm looking forward to the rest of this day. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Life is pain, Highness... Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." hehe
But really, I know what you mean. Our walk with Christ isn't always easy. I find that it's when I'm forced to cry out to Him is when I learn the most.
~PacaScrat

Nicole said...

you didn't tell me about the snake!!! I would love to hear more about that story! And chances are it was poisonous! THere's a lot of poisonous snakes in TExas! I know. I lived there a long time ago!

I hope things are going okay for you. You didn't mention anything on the phone and I hadn't read your blog this week to know this was a rough week. You know, I will always listen if you need to talk! I love you, girl!