Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ever feel sometimes like life can get overwhelming? Like there's bunches of "loose ends" that need to be tended to, or projects, or just stuff to sort through? I definitely feel that way at times. But in it all, God is our dwelling place. And we can trust Him. Truly, God is good.

I am feeling a little tired. But it's been overall a good week so far! I have a local acquaintance visiting us here at the ministry tomorrow; I'm pretty excited about that! We met at a seminar my church was having when I first started going there, and she and her two young boys would like to come out tomorrow and check out the ministry and take a tour of the building. Yippee! I'm so glad they're coming by.

She would love for her 9 and 10-year-old boys to volunteer with the ministry (and I would love that and even suggested it!); it just may not work out quite as we were hoping it would. In other words, there may be some logistics to be worked out, or it may be that they would be more needed in a different capacity, such as representing us at local events. But God is faithful ... and I so much believe it's not by accident that He put me in contact with this family through a seminar at my church over a month ago.

Speaking of church ... just the other day I was thinking yet again about how grateful I am for this new church God has provided. Just thinking about it makes me happy. In so many ways it reminds me of my beloved college church back home, and I never thought I would be able to say that about a church here! It already feels like home, and hardly a sermon goes by that doesn't leave me feeling incredibly encouraged and challenged in my Christian walk.

God is good.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm feeling a little over-whelmed today...I don't know why today and not other days...maybe because I am pmsing...that's probably a big part of it...and the hours I work are really taking a toll on me...i feel aweful most of the time...and probably because things are not exactly how I want them...but I agree...God is good. I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow...he's going to do my 60-day review...it's a little late, but hey...get to it when you can. I guess I'm a little nervous about that because I always feel inadequate...you know, it's funny how in school I was always at the top of my class...but now in the job, I feel like so many others do a much better job than me...anyway...just needed to say that...hope you are feeling better...i really hope to talk to you this weekend...i just need to talk to a friend...

Rachel said...

Yes, let's definitely talk soon, Nicole! I miss you and would love to chat. And ... hang in there ... God has been faithful and has brought you this far; He will continue to sustain you. :o) Love ya, and talk to you soon!!!
Rach