Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The day has pretty much flown by with projects and meetings. I enjoyed the various projects, and things went well. I like days like this.

As it was beautiful evening last night, I sat out on my balcony to eat cauliflower and ponder life's mysteries. Well, okay, my time was kind of cut short when my downstairs neighbor decided to go out on her balcony, too, as the smell of cigarette smoke strongly permeated the air. But I tried. Sort of.

Probably the most reflecting was done earlier, walking in a meadow at the nature preserve, with nothing but the gentle lull of frogs croaking and the peaceful sound of rushing water from the creek below. I thought about how there are many things I may desire or wish for in life -- or at least think that I wish for.

For one ... I would love to one day go back to Panama City for RUF Summer Conference. I have incredible memories of my time there. And there are times when I miss college since there was a lot that I really enjoyed about that time in my life. [At the same time, I think there were also some incredibly hard times and times of stretching, and when I'm looking back at a time in my life I tend to forget about those times. ;-)] But really, when it comes down to it, all that matters is what GOD wants for me.

During Sunday's message at church, my pastor mentioned how it's not about us and our comfort. It's about Christ. It was a blessing to me to hear that ... and it should be a huge challenge for me as well! Last night, walking in the meadow, I was thinking, Am I truly willing to live for only the sunshine of HIS face? Am I content with what He chooses to give me, or not to give me? Am I fully content in His timing? Do I truly find His grace sufficient?

I think it's a good thing I don't get everything I want or dream about ... for if I did, I would probably be spoiled ... and rely even more on myself instead of God! I already feel spoiled [and selfish!] in a lot of ways. ;oD

He has blessed me so much, more than I could ever deserve. Incredible.

No comments: