Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Last night Shelley, Cherie and I went to the mall and had supper together in the food court. It was truly a fun "weeknight getaway", and we each found some cute stuff on clearance. :o)

Today I was tested in something. It wasn't exactly the most fun, but I was been super encouraged to realize that something that would have been disappointing in the past really just kind of faded away as I sat back and remembered that my significance, security and worth are in the Lord, and not based on anything on this earth. Wow ... God is so good.

On another note, earlier this week our supervisor called a couple of us in to his office to let us know we wouldn't be going to EPA Convention this weekend in Orlando after all, as per a leadership decision that we should send fewer people. I totally understand, and there's always other years to go, and I'm happy that now I can make it to church and our church picnic on Sunday.

I am planning to make a big batch of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies for the occasion. :oD

No comments: