Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, May 29, 2006

All in all it has been a good weekend. Busy, but good. Yesterday at the cookout Pamela, Joelle, Angela and I were able to laze around in the pool. At the end I swam some laps to be sure I got some exercise.

The message at church yesterday was great, and I really enjoyed getting to catch up with a number of new friends I've made. People are so friendly and nice; it's feeling like home already! :-)

My arms are still a little sore from helping people move on Saturday, but it was fun and well worth it! It has definitely been a "people weekend".

Left to my own devices, there are times when I am admittedly a hermit. Okay, so maybe hermit is way too strong a word for it. But I do like my "alone" time and often am quite content to just go for a nice walk, go grab something to eat at a fast-food place, or hang out around the apartment watching a movie or organizing. :o) But at the same time I am also in a lot of ways very much a people person who values all the friendships God has blessed me with and all the opportunities to hang out with people, and there are also those times when I get lonely when there aren't people around.

Anyhow, all this to say that I think this weekend was good for me, being with people so much of it! At the same time, it's also so important we spend those concentrated times away from the noise and bustle of life .... whether the noise and bustle of our own individual lives, or the noise and bustle from being with others .... those times of getting away from that to just spend time with the Lord in His presence. That's what the message was about yesterday. Our pastor shared about how so often we don't delight in and relish God the way we could be because we aren't spending those times with Him.

No comments: