Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, May 08, 2006

I am a little sunburned.

But I think it was for a good cause.

You haven't really lived until you've done the sack races at a church picnic. It had been a reaaaallly long since I'd been in a sack race, and it was fun. I also grabbed a partner for the three-legged race. I didn't, however, enter the hog calling contest. :-)

How am I doing in general? I feel like the Lord has been continuing the lessons He's been teaching me throughout this year, about finding my sufficiency in HIM. And it's emotionally draining at times because He in His infinite wisdom allows me to go through hard things that I don't completely understand, yet by faith I am thankful for what He is teaching me. Such lessons often can only be learned in the fire.

Caty, going to lunch with you was definitely a bright spot in my day. BTW, I went and read your coffee entry on your blog. Nice!

2 comments:

PacaScrat said...

I'm so glad we could go to lunch together! I'm glad too that God was trying to cheer ya up. Yeah, coffee "bascially rocks" hehe

Rachel said...

Good question. I actually missed the hog-calling contest without knowing it because I was chatting with some people and sitting in the shade. ;-) But I did get to see the chicken-calling ... It ranged from a group of youth group girls doing the chicken dance to this cute girl calling for chickens as she pretended to be scattereding feed. Hope this is enlightening! :o)