Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, May 12, 2006

I am a friend of God,
I am a friend of God;
I am a friend of God,
He calls me friend.


Not only are these Philips, Craig and Dean (sp?) lyrics sung to an incredibly catchy tune, the words are pretty amazing, too, when you really stop and think about them. I mean, we are just finite, fallen mankind, yet the All-knowing, holy God of this universe calls us FRIEND? Incredible.

I am so thankful for the friends the Lord has given me. I am fixing to meet up with a few good friends from work for the evening, and really looking forward to that! And tomorrow my sister and I may be meeting up in Waco, the halfway point between us, to go to the zoo and eat together. [If we don't decide on tomorrow, we'll likely do next week. :o)]

And she's painting these really cool wooden crates and shelf I got at Wal-mart, so she basically rocks. Okay, so she rocks regardless, but I'm still excited.

It's been such a good day. And beautiful weather. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: