Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, May 15, 2006

6:33 A.M. I hear my alarm go off. I panic. Gotta get up and get ready. Especially if I'm going to wrap my saree. This weekend I found a really neat one at the Indian store, for only $7. It has bright pink, blue, green and orange in it. And I was really hoping to wear it to the office today.

6:51 A.M. I look at the clock. Auughh! Only a few more minutes before I can leave the apartment and, at least theoretically, not be late since I live less than a mile away.

6:56 A.M. I am out the door. And, somehow, amazingly, manage to make it to the office in less than three minutes. Wow ... I should even be a little EARLY to morning prayer today [uncharacteristic for me], and I had time to wrap my saree, too!

6:58 A.M. I pull into the parking lot. No cars. Zero. Okay, I think to myself, This is weird. This IS Monday. And as far as I know we were still having prayer today. Then I look down at the clock in my car. 6:59. OH. Then it hits me. Prayer starts at 8:00, not 7:00. And I know that, but somehow in my groggy state [I don't do mornings] I must have not made the connection that 6:33 A.M. meant I could still press my snooze button.

A few minutes after 7:00, I find myself heading down to Burger King. I virtually *never* eat breakfast out, but somehow today it sounds like a good idea. I'm ready early, and most of all, I'm hungry. So I order some food to go, and then come back to my apartment complex, meet my new neighbor who seems to be a Christian, and then head up to my apartment to eat.

Two things I've learned from this experience:
1) Burger King hash browns are actually quite tasty.
2) It won't hurt me to start getting up when my alarm first goes off ... and it is actually possible. ;-)

1 comment:

PacaScrat said...

Haha, been there done that. This morning I woke up and the thought struck me, "I have a meeting this morning!!" *pause* Oh wait, it's at 8:30, I don't need to be there at 8:00 (which is what I originally thought).