Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Today was a little chilly. But still a gorgeous day.

We just had carrot cake downstairs to send off a staff family that will be going our office in the UK. They fly out tomorrow! Hard to believe.

I'm fixing to head off for the apartment because at 6:30 I'm meeting with my friend Jaylie. We're going to see Yours, Mine and Ours at the dollar theater, and probably grabbing a bite to eat, too. :o) I'm looking forward to catching up with her and hearing her story of how she got engaged. She's getting married in July, I think.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. It's also my half-birthday, meaning I'm "27 1/2". :o) And I could be sad because I don't have a "significant other" in my life. But I think I'd rather be happy because my good friend Carrie and I are going to lunch at Arby's and fellowshipping over some more of those delicious chicken salad sandwiches. (see last Thursday's entry) When she emailed me this morning about lunch, and I picked Tuesday, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that it was Valentine's Day--but that will definitely be a bright spot in my day. :oD

God is good.

No comments: