Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, February 06, 2006

I just got back from going to Chili's with Tirina to hang out and have our weekly prayer time. We grab supper together once a month together as well, and this time we decided on Chili's. :o))

Our waiter was cool. You know how some servers are polite but you kind of know it's "put on" -- they're not really personable but just probably trying to get a good tip (or, at least you have a feeling they probably are?)? This guy was pretty personable, in a genuine way, which made the meal a fun experience.

For starters, our first introduction was when my friend was like, "Do you ever feel ...?" and he suddenly appeared from out of nowhere and said, "I feel that way all the time!" It was CLASSIC.
Then later, my friend and I were chatting, sharing prayer requests, and I saw her look behind me. Literally right behind me was his face, resting on a wall, and he was asking us a question. It was pretty funny.

Then when our meal was over, he was like, "Man, I wish I had a picture of my sister-in-law because you look exactly like her. "

Good times.

In general, how am I doing? I'm tired. But overall doing pretty well, I think. Ever feel like you just can't quite get it all together? Whatever "it" means. :oD I've been feeling like that at various times lately. Yet somehow I also feel encouraged.

I also am learning on a practical level that God's ways ... HIS perception of what my life should look like ... are not always what I would look at as the most comforting, emotionally reassuring or easiest. But yet I can trust Him, for His way is always best, regardless of my immediate circumstances or what I in my very limited perspective think. Not necessarily the most fun lesson to learn, but an exciting and very enriching lesson to be able to learn at the same time.

Praise God.

No comments: