Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I am doing great.

Today during lunch I took a much-needed trip to the bank ... AND ate a delicious chicken salad sandwich at Arby's. :o) The nice thing? It's so HUGE I have half of it left for supper. (YAY!) That is, provided I don't forget it in the office refrigerator. In which case it would be tomorrow's lunch.

You know what? I probably never would have tried the chicken salad sandwich, were it not for my friend Kari. I tend to get in a rut when it comes to food, especially when I know I like a certain thing but am fearful of the unknown.

We were at lunch one time, and she and I ended up each getting a different sandwich and splitting them. So we each had half a chicken salad sandwich and half a turkey and swiss sandwich. And today, I've got to tell you, that chicken salad sandwich just melted in my mouth!

I think I've learned two things.

One: It's nice to have friends. Especially friends who encourage you to try new things.
Two: It pays to be adventurous ... to not be afraid to "risk" tasting the chicken salad sandwich for a change, instead of the turkey and swiss one you've been so accustomed to.

Okay, I'm going to go now before this becomes "Ode to the Chicken Salad Sandwich". Tonight I'm meeting up with some young people and others from the office, to fellowship together and pray for Tibetans. I look forward to that.

No comments: