Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Today I am at my sister's. My parents are here too. I got to see my new baby niece. Tonight I got to hold her right before her bedtime and rock her in the rocking chair. While she was about to doze off, I saw a smile that could've stretched from ear to ear. Holding her in my arms I had to wonder ... Would she be in some ways like the aunt she shares a birthday with --- a daydreamer who smiles at pleasant possibilities as she drifts off to sleep? :c)

My nephews and I hung out at the playground some this afternoon. Jacob, 3, saw me holding his mom's cell phone and asked if I also had a phone like hers. I told him I didn't. "Maybe if you to the store and ask if you could please have one, they'll give you one," he replied. :o)

I must go. Tomorrow I get to go to church with my dad and brother-in-law. :o) I look forward to that. BTW, I am thinking to go visit Stonebriar Community Church, Chuck Swindoll's church one of these Sundays. I went once with my mom when she was in town and wanted to hear him, and was so impressed with his humility and transparency as he led the congregation.


No comments: