Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Today I am 26. I awoke to pretty wildflowers sitting outside my door, with a bright-colored Happy Birthday note on our whiteboard. Thank you, Tera! My roommate also cooked me a birthday supper of a yummy roast, potatoes and carrots. And others came over to help us celebrate--there were seven of us in all! It was a nice time.

But the most memorable present of all was my newborn niece, Elisabeth Marie. Weighing in at 8 pounds, born at 9:45 this morning. I was hoping and praying she would be born on my birthday--and she was! Thank you, Lord! And Happy Birthday, Elisabeth Marie. :o) You don't know me yet, but I will see you next week. I look forward to celebrating our birthdays together in the years to come.

No comments: