Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

This week has gone by fast! Tonight was our ladies' meeting. I was asked to present a sister from the field whom we could pray for. I chose Nantika, a young woman who was helping the wife of one of our regional leaders when we met her in India. She would tend to the children (the mother was confined to her bed for a while with a back injury) and she likely did quite a bit of housework, too. She also was to graduate from one of our Bible colleges this past May, after being a team leader over a six-month evangelistic outreach.

Two things about Nantika have stood out to me:
1) Her passion to reach illiterate, uneducated people in her native country with the hope of Jesus. Her face was radiant when she related this. I got to thinking about how I want to be like that--where I am so in love with my Savior that knowing Him more deeply and laboring for His kingdom are all that really matter to me. To where everything else fades away in comparison. Nothing else really matters.

2) Her contentment in serving behind the scenes. She sat quietly as we visited with the staff family and others; she didn't appear to feel she needed to be noticed or in the spotlight. Yet I would be sure she is very much appreciated for her gentle spirit and selfless labor. I want to be more like that--to be content not to be noticed, not to be in the limelight. To be madly in love with Jesus and recognize that my sufficiency is in Him, that in Him is the fulfillment of everything I could ever need or long for. To give Him all the glory for everything. To even delight in others being recognized instead of me. To not mind situations where I'm ignored. Oh Lord, work this in me, I pray.

No comments: