Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Another nice day. :o) For lunch, I met up with three coworkers to eat at Chick-fila with some coupons I had. We had a good time together! Especially interesting was the discussion about finding the balance where we both are content and joyful in the situation God has us, but yet have faith and hope that He is able to change it.

After lunch I went to a coworker's home to pick up a table and chairs they had offered me with the coffee table. The chairs will work great for my dining room table until I can find a full set! And the table will be cute with a tablecloth as an end table in my living room. Tonight I had fun arranging a lamp, picture frames, a magazine and a journal on my coffee table and end table. It's fun seeing how it's all coming together. Now I just need a sofa. :o) Hmmm ... oh, AND a dresser.

Tonight was such a fun, relaxing evening. After I cleaned "my" bathroom for the week at work and helped clean the building (my month), I went to Great Clips to get my hair cut. $6.99 coupon--You can hardly beat that. :o) The lady I had is from India, so I got to tell her how I'd gone there in March. (still hard to believe!) I continue to be reminded of incredible things I experienced and learned there. I thank God for bringing these things to mind! After getting my hair cut I spontaneously decided to catch a movie at the dollar theater--13 Going On 30. It was so cute--and overall pretty clean! Definitely a chick flick, as I was telling someone later. :o) Anyhow, after I grabbed (a really late) supper (with another coupon!) I went driving (it was such a pretty night!) and sang praise songs and prayed. All in all, it was a nice night.

No comments: