Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Sunday afternoon was such a nice time ... A group of us from my S.S. class were over at the home of our teacher and his wife, hanging out and eating chili. And some people were out in the garage for a while, working on a game that they're having for the kids during the harvest festival. :o) I was in the kitchen helping Sammie and chatting with her, but did run out later, joking that I was "supervising". :o)

During part of the afternoon, I just kicked back and rested on one of their family room chairs while some others watched the football game, lamenting the impending loss of the Dallas Cowboys. We talked about us all maybe going over there for Thanksgiving, too. I felt so much at home ... It was a wonderful time. :o)

I got my SEND! articles back today and was given some changes to make and further research to do for sidebars and photos. That was fun! :o) Today I made the needed changes. During these next couple days, I need to try to gather all the information for my additions, as well as some source documentation for one of the stories.

Also, tomorrow I need to write a couple of web stories about our Bridge of Hope program. I was looking at the field reports, and they are touching! My hope is that the Lord would give me the words to convey the heart of these reports--that hearts would be moved as people read them. I know I am utterly inadequate--my words won't do. It must be the words He gives me--those I must write down. I am nothing without Him, and in my flesh dwells no good thing. What a privilege it is to be His ambassador on behalf of a lost world.

No comments: