Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, October 11, 2004

I woke up this morning at 6:30 feeling rested. I spent some time with the Lord and then made it to work a little before prayer meeting started.

Tonight I walked on the treadmill while doing some reading to prepare for a SEND! article I'm getting to work on. It sure made the time pass fast -- Before I knew it, I'd walked almost an hour on the treadmill, burning 350 calories! And I felt that the incredible story of a native missionary had been brought to life right before my eyes. His sacrifice, courage, and compassion for the precious children and their families around him--I was especially touched when I read that the parents of the children were so excited to find out that there exists a God named Jesus who loves them. That blew me away.

I only hope I can also bring the missionary to life for our readers. My desire is that the Lord give me HIS words. I know that is the only way there will be any life to what I write, anything of meaning. What a privilege that He would allow me to be His ambassador on behalf of His work among some of the most unreached in the 10/40 Window. It is only through the Lord's provision and because of Him that I can even write at all. That I can even be here, living and breathing. All glory to Him and Him alone.

No comments: