Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Auughh! I just composed a long post with some neat things that impacted me lately, and, alas, there were problems with the server and the post is nowhere to be found. I hate it when that happens. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.

Okay, so it's been a few days since I've posted. Guess I've been busy. Saturday was a nice day. And I enjoyed my S.S. class at Stonebriar again this week. I did get to eat lunch with my new friend, Lilly. We had a nice time together. I sure do look forward to getting to know her more in the days to come. Yesterday was a good day, too. I went to the dentist for a teeth cleaning and grabbed something to eat. On my way back to the office, I made a lunch appointment for Friday, with a really nice lady I met in the community, while apartment-hunting. She loves the Lord and has such a heart for missions. I gave her some ministry materials and, Lord willing, will be showing her pictures from my India trip on Friday. My prayer is that we will really connect and get to know each other and that she will be impacted for His kingdom being furthered in Asia.

Tonight we had the privilege of hearing some exciting reports from two of our leaders on the field. It's incredible what God is doing on behalf of those who have never heard His name. And the hunger He is putting in people's hearts to know Him. Praise the Lord! To Him be the glory.

Hearing from our field leaders tonight, I was given such a vivid reminder that the things we do here truly matter over there--that we are a significant part of amazing things that are happening on the other side of the world. The things we do here, sitting in an office building, make it possible for our brothers and sisters in Christ to reach their people in the 10/40 Window. Incredible. This is an unspeakable privilege. After being in India--and again, after hearing these reports tonight--I find myself so much motivated to do more and be more dedicated. Praise the Lord. May this fire burn bright within me and never die.

No comments: