Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I was eating at Chick-fila (yummy and fun! :o)) with a coupon after work today when I had "one of those moments"--those windows in time when you find yourself transported far beyond this mundane world with its treasures and sorrows. When you are filled with a sacred joy and reminded of all that truly matters. This world and its desires will pass away. But oh, how easy it is to forget that. Especially when we live in the "here and now". When the "here and now" is all around us, clamoring for our attention.

There I was sitting at a little table near the window, thoroughly enjoying my nuggets and waffle fries (and don't forget the barbeque sauce!)--and enjoying the chance to sit down and just relax at the end of the work day--when I got a precious glimpse of the Savior.

Christian music had been playing in the background for the last few minutes (had been loud and clear when I first entered the store) when suddenly words from "I Can Only Imagine" rang loud and clear through the ceiling speakers. And in that instant I was reminded in a vivid way that Jesus is all that truly matters. He--and He alone--is everything I could ever need or desire ...

For a moment in time, I found myself transported beyond the hustle and bustle of the world around me--cars speeding by outside--into a world with just my Savior and I, singing our own melody together.

We all need moments like this. They bring everything that much more into perspective.

As we labor here at the ministry to reach the unreached, the battle is not getting any easier. And yet we can have peace and joy in the midst of it. His peace and His joy, as we spend time in His presence. It is worth it, too -- People in Asia are coming "out of darkness into His marvelous light" and it is our privilege to be part of this! (1 Peter 2:9)

No comments: