Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

25 more minutes on the treadmill, 170 more calories burned, 6 more pages of background material read for a second SEND! story I was given the opportunity to write. :OD

Hmmm ... I think this business of treadmill reading is becoming a habit. At least it's a productive habit. :o)

Work is busy, but going so well. My prayer is that the Lord give me His words as I write these stories. I know it is HIS words that will touch hearts. In my flesh is no good thing ... The Father must fill me with HIS thoughts, HIS perspective, HIS compassion for the lost. Only then will it truly flow through to the hearts of readers. It must all come from Him.

On another note, exciting things happened in the web room today, as our beloved Web Dog had been kidnapped and held. At least he was being productive. :o) I wrote this account to a friend this afternoon, names changed to protect the "innocent", and words very slightly altered for clarity:

Yes, yes ... it seems the web dog is getting around these days. Thomas kidnapped him and brought him to Sean's office Friday night, where he sat at his computer all weekend, working hard to help plant churches in Asia. (see attached pic) Today, tired from his labors for the kingdom, the web dog gazed out Sean's window at rabbits, while eating brownies and ice cream. (Yikes! We need to put the poor thing on an all fruits and veggies diet? [I'm sure he enjoyed the yummy morsels, though.]) The web dog made a brief appearance in the web room, before being whisked away for a long nap in Thomas's office. I rescued him (don't tell Thomas; I snuck in and grabbed him!) and now he is in our team leader's office, studying complicated documents.

As you can see, this is an exciting place to work, in more ways than one. :o) It's not everyday that there are dog kidnappings in the workplace ... even if it is just a stuffed animal. We have become quite attached to our little canine friend. (sniff, sniff) :oD


No comments: