Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Yesterday was a hard day. Saturday night as I was walking, it appeared that the Lord gave me a piece of His perspective on the unspoken I had sought His wisdom on the night before. And I knew it wouldn't be the easiest to live with that perspective because of a good thing (in some ways) that I would need to give up.

But the day was primarily hard because it felt like I was reaching out for the Lord, so desperately longing to experience His love on a heart level, but not getting there. I know He loves me--but knowing objectively and feeling it in your heart are two different things.

Today was nice--so much better than yesterday. I had lunch with a coworker, and we had a good time of fellowship and sharing about the things the Lord has called us to in the ministry. Then tonight I spent nearly an hour with the Lord. I am so thankful for that. At the same time, it seemed to take so much energy out of me. I think perhaps partly because of the battle we're in. And partly perhaps because I was tired. With that note, I think I'll go to bed now. :o) I'm so thankful for the good day the Lord gave me today!

No comments: