Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Last night and this morning I was missing my college town and the beloved church I attended there. And on another note, I was reminded of the thing the Lord has allowed--somehow in His infinite wisdom--that hasn't been easy. O Lord, help me be the person I need to be in this. Grant me YOUR perspective, I pray. If I am honest, in my finite, "tainted-with-sin" human perspective I would find it so much easier if the situation were nonexistent. (I realize the Lord has so much He can teach me through this, but so many times I don't see the visible fruit. I just need to seek His perspective and then trust by faith that the fruit is there.)

Yet as I drove my friend and roommate Tara to pick up her car and we talked about what a gorgeous day it was, I found myself looking eagerly outside and saying, "God is good. He is in control! I can trust Him." What a comforting thought! Hallelujah! :o) I love You, Lord. Have Your way in me, I pray. Fill me with Your grace and love.

No comments: