Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, September 10, 2004

When I went walking yesterday after work, the Lord gave me such a good conversation with a lady I met on the trail. I was amazed at how God totally orchestrated it ... In response to something she asked me, I told her how my roommate and I had just got done praying together. She said, "That's interesting that you mention that, because I was walking around here earlier and seeing the fireflies and thinking, 'this is almost a spiritual experience.'" So that opened the door for me to ask her where she is spiritually, what she believes. We had such a good talk; I was able to bring out several times how Jesus is the only way. She said it wasn't by coincidence that we met--that she usually walks in the mornings ... AND that earlier that day she had been missing her deceased parents. She seemed so encouraged by our time together. Needless to say, I was kind of on cloud nine after our conversation. :o) Please pray for her and her family, that Jesus would become very real to them.

As for me? I'm doing okay. A little tired. One of our brothers on staff shared with us during prayer meeting this morning. He talked about the battle and how many have been struggling. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. He mentioned a conversation he and his wife had (a few weeks back?). They each asked a serious question -- Am I willing to pay the price in order that billions could have the opportunity to know Christ? He shared how choosing to pay the price is a choice we must make. It was encouraging to me to hear that others are also struggling in the battle. One day it will all be worth it! It's worth it now; we just don't see the end result yet. Only what is eternal will truly matter. Yet it can be so easy to forget that in the "here and now".



No comments: