Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I cried a little this afternoon. I know that humanly I don't have the strength or grace to handle what the Lord has allowed to come my way. (But HE does!) But tonight was nice -- Riding with Cindi and Jean, two good friends from work, in a convertible with the top down, on a beautiful night. :o) We were going to the Cheesecake Factory for a special birthday treat (for me). It was fun and we had some good laughs. I teased that the three of us are dangerous together. :o) (Watch out world, here we come!)

I had the Godiva chocolate cheesecake. Quite rich! Needless to say, I have plenty in a "to-go" box; I plan to partake of it throughout the week. :o) Last night at our prayer meeting we all had the opportunity to say encouraging things to each other. I was really ministered to by the things people said to me -- Many mentioned they were encouraged by my happiness, and some told me they appreciated my devotion to the Lord. Truly I am touched by the family here -- so many caring people that appreciate me and are kind to me.

Later this week I get to catch up with my good friend Jen, and early next week I'm having lunch with a really nice volunteer who used to be on staff with us. I really enjoy talking to her. She mentioned she wanted to get to know me better. Well, the feeling is mutual. :o) I'm looking forward to us chatting next week and having some special time together.

No comments: