Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Ever feel like you need heart surgery? Nope, I'm not talking about surgery for your physical heart--though surely many have needed that. Instead, I'm talking about your spiritual heart.

Tonight walking around my complex, I sensed the Lord revealing something in my heart--a perspective I had for a little bit--that in many ways I totally hadn't realized until that moment. It was a good thing--even if hard in some ways. How fragile we are in our fallen humanity--how prone to wander. I was a little sad as I reflected on my folly--my warped perspective. But oh, what a precious dialogue it was with the Lord.

I have emerged with a strong desire to be passionately in love with Him--to love Him so much that I am engulfed in His presense and everything else, good or bad, just fades away. Boy am I glad the Father is so patient with me. It seems like I would've given up on myself long ago. ;o) It's sure been encouraging to experience His working in my life. Philippians 2:13: "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."

Well I'm tired. Even though we all left a little early from Six Flags, it felt like a full day. I think we were ALL tired by the time we pulled off to go to Steak 'n Shake (our tradition!). ;o) Maybe the rather muggy weather had something to do with it. And you KNOW it's muggy if this Mississippi gal says it is. :o)

No comments: