Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, September 13, 2004

I can't begin to express how encouraging today was. A good friend at work shared during staff prayer this morning about an incredible breakthrough in her mom's life last night. Well, last night the Lord put it on my heart to pray John 10:27,28 for her mom. Needless to say, I was on cloud nine. A little while into the workday, I found myself writing this email to my friend:

I can't begin to tell you how encouraged I was to hear your PTL about your mom. There's something I've GOT to tell you ...

I went on to ask if we could meet for lunch sometime. I didn't expect it would be today! A few minutes later, I received a reply asking, Could I go then? Of course I wrote back, YES! Probably 10 or 15 minutes later, I was sitting at a booth at Wendy's, telling her my story. Then she went on to relate other incredible events in her life that the Lord had orchestrated. What a wonderful time of sharing it was.

Also today, a coworker brought me feedback from a friend of the ministry who had been praying with her daughter for the release of the missionaries taken hostage last week. And she was overjoyed that the Lord provided for their release. And I got to thinking ... WOW. I was a part of that. Praise God. What a privilege! I forwarded it to the rest of the web team as encouragement to all of us that our labor is not in vain. Every keystroke, every phone call, every note written--every single bit of it is playing a significant role in advancing His kingdom in Asia.

There's so much more I could tell about today ... good things that happened, but for now it will suffice to say that after a postcard party where we wrote ministry supporters and then fellowshipped together over pizza, I went upstairs to finish "tweaking" a web update for tomorrow and then found myself walking outside in the nice evening breeze, rejoicing in the incredible privilege to be used in such a way.

How could I do anything else in life?

No comments: